Mixing alcohol with Guarana Soda

General Bartending Discussion

Mixing alcohol with Guarana Soda

Postby Gabe on Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:46 pm

Hello Everybody!

Guarana soda is by far my favourite type of soda, and I was wondering if you had any recommendations of liqueur/liquor I could use to make a drink out of it!

However if you are not from Brazil or haven't been there, you probably never heard of it before. It's only made in the amazon region and it is not really known internationally. It is also very difficult to find it anywhere else outside south America, but if ever you have the chance to try it, you definitely should! (Look for "Guaraná Antarctica" or Guaraná Brazilia") It's made out of guarana plants which is very high in caffein! It's definitely more stimulant than other sodas like coca cola.

It has a very unique taste and I found it hard to mix it with alcohol. I tried with Gin, but it kills the taste. With Rum it's alright, vodka is okay I guess but not worth it, and triple sec (as well as cointreau and grand Marinier) is pretty good... but not enough I think. I feel like I could create something very interesting out of Guarana soda... But I would love to have some professional opinions!

Obrigado/Obrigada!!!
Thanks a lot everyone!

Gabriel
Gabe

Re: Mixing alcohol with Guarana Soda

Postby KentZP on Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:20 am

I've found the following compatible:

Rum
Peach schnapps
Blue Curacao

Good luck! Also, using BAWLS guarana adds an even higher kick of caffeine if you're looking for fun.
KentZP

Re: Mixing alcohol with Guarana Soda

Postby Gabe on Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:32 pm

Awesome thank you so much!
I will try it as soon as I can
Gabe

Return to General